Monday, December 13, 2010

The Resolve part 3 part 2!

I am raising the white flag!!!  I have come to the conclusion that I must start over completely!

Its every artists worst nightmare.   For now, Im going to step away before I do anything drastic.

Explain drastic you say?
        The Plan:
              To cut off all the "flowers"  / Which means that I will have to cut each bud either completely off, or just in half, and then I will have to reshape the buds and make new flowers.  "new flowers" to TBA!!!!

here are some sketches on how to shape the flowers better.

 This is what it looked like before I lost my mind.

The resolve part 3

root ring # 2  has created must chaos in my life.  I am about 95%  happy with the  resolve for the bottom half of the ring and also the carved wood element on top, but the "flowers" look like baaaaddddd.  if you recall  how the flowers looked in an earlier post i used the cheese cloth and glue,and although I liked the forms, it just seemed very disconnected from the piece in the material choice.  So i already glued the "flowers" in so i had to just work with what I had.  So this is an attempt to save the flowers. I'm not sure how i feel about it. 

 I have now layered  stockings, glue, paint,  and gloss medium on top of the cheese cloth structures. 


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Sunday, December 5, 2010

FYI : Blog layout

This blog started as me posting things as they came to be, but I feel now it would be more beneficial to me and to the viewer to  separate things so its easier to understand.   From now on, I will title the posts according to project and then  as the project progresses i will then go back in time and edit within the post so that i can see all its parts in one post rather than in multiple posts.  I will still post various things in between projects such as research or  other things i find helpful to the process,but all in process data will be in its own category.