Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Start of 2011

Here we are again.  Starting over. But really, when you start over, you have the knowledge of what happened in the past, so the choices you make this time really aren't  starting from scratch again,  but they are most definitely informed.

For  2011, I am embracing what I have learned the past year, about myself, my work and  most importantly about others. From this information I  ready to begin again.

And what better way to begin again, and see something new,  but to take another  look at Mister  Salvador Dali.

I recently went to the Museum of Art in San Diego, and  they have a few of this paintings, less famous of course, but i think that is what attracted me to his work yet again.  A fresh look at something new. His Ideas pertaining to illusion,myth and  the balancing act between reality  and fiction are all things that he trying to illustrate.   I believe a lot of these ideas speak to  what I am thinking about in my work currently.

When I think about Dali not only do I think of illusion, but I also think about space/ environment.  For me, the space/ environment that he proposes is perhaps what allows the viewer to see something familar.  Dali then tests the viewers perception of what is real and what isn't, allowing the view to WANT  to make sense of what is nonsensical.  Dali transports, evokes and summons the imagination with something that the viewer has never experienced.
The hint of reality is what  throws many into his frenzy.


Wiki Dali







No comments:

Post a Comment