Monday, October 10, 2011

October- time for some clarity please!?

I have been busy working  with lots of projects going on .. but what the heck am I talking about?  From the get go i was  dead set on this culture/ nature duality but is that what I am really talking about anymore?


Thoughts:
-commenting on the preciousness of jewelry, its timelessness, permanence- can that be seen with my use of cement?

-Nature motifs are prominent in jewelry but if nature really something we connect with anymore? has our values changed? - hence using cement?

-what does it mean if i make a chain out of cement links?- they are permanent, strong, and associated with durability, culture,  the city, industry, not something held with any "value"

- Am i talking about how our  culture and values have changed?  

- are we interested in beauty only? is beauty superficial?


- I think it is interesting to juxtapose materiality with meaning.

- Using the  fake grass as  my stand in for nature,   and then adorning it with cement like our landscape is
- using the cement as gems  or embellishments on the landscape.

- but its also ridiculous to use fake grass because that is a pretty crappy stand in for landscape.  But I have no real   connection, and feel disconnected anyway so is that ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment