Saturday, September 25, 2010

Regroup-Sorting through the samples

In the last week I have made lots of samples I think now its time that I Sort through the frenzy and pick a direction to go with. Thus far my samples have been derivatives of natural objects.  Taking forms, textures and colors from those objects and translating them with different medium "Abstracting "

Things to consider:
-Out of these attributes i have dissected, am i combining them? creating some sort of hybrid object?
- am I abstracting with scale?
- What does it mean to  reinterpret these FTC (forms textures colors) with different media?
-am i creating my own plant life? or life there of?
- what is its relationship to the body ?



this is a plant  at school, the texture is great. I made a mold of this  so that i could make wax molds of the surface texture.  I want to apply this texture to  a form other than the original round shape






Femo clay, imprinted with texture from yellow bud above/ various forms referencing  various plant samples that i have collected and cataloged in            previous posts








I have been drawn to these cave like forms, nodule like forms 
this is carved poplar with a surface treatment of Vaseline and pigment (below)
Not sold on application of pigment but im working on it 

Not shown in these photos but i have  cast wax impressions of  the nodule recesses  in bronze  that would then be set inside of each. 





Grass maybe? other leaf forms
Cast paper with wax overlay
Since the edge of the paper is so thin when These forms are cast  it burns out funny in certain spots giving  a very organic edge


No comments:

Post a Comment