Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pilgrimage to the Magical Relic




As another attempt to connect with the natural world I am  creating a special place where one can  travel too  for reflection, though or even call on the powers that be while  amongst the raw earth. 

As I carefully attempt to recreate  facets of the earth, I am also allowing my wildest fantasies come to life within the this piece of fictional landscape that I create.  Allowing myself the arena on which to dream and also explore actual existence thus inherently brings me closer to understanding my place in  the landscape. 




Closed


Open




Onion pieces cast in wax



Drawings of relic










Behold the Magical rock ....... 

( in process)








Behold the magical relic
(In  process)

Copper  mesh electroformed, and gold leafed 
                                        



                                                             Cast onion in nu gold








Electroformed rocks
made with foam, dipped in wax


Other samples





Magical Relic
Cast bronze, electroformed  , gold leaf( ha),  brass
                      

                                                           electroformed rock pile




rock pile before finishing














Rock pile

raised form:
heat patina,  ferric nitrate sprayed, pea green strain applied with brush and left to dry,  red dye oxide bronze rub, bowling alley wax

Wood forms:
Diluted  textile pigment, sprayed  minwax dark wood stain, red textile paint, brown textile paint, bronze rub, bowling alley wax, gold leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment