Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In progress

As the summer roles on I have been working  everyday on 5 brooches, all of which i see as samples for  later works  to come.  There are a few things that I have been thinking about lately with everything that has been going on in my personal life and and how it is maybe translating through some of the imagery in the samples that I have been working on.  I cant exactly pin point every detail, but I would have to say that a thread running through some of these studies is the  use of jewelry  to heighten  "forgotten" or discarded" objects.  The use of nature imagery :  nature being as inherent beauty, yet forgotten at times.  Using the nature as women connection, and perhaps using nature as my place holder in  this whole exploration?
Like I said, I am still working things out.  When these samples are finished I am going to sit down and kind of make a list of these things I would like to expand on for the next coming year. 

I think this is a good start, I gotta start somewhere




Faceted twigs: found at Lake Murry




Electroformed and powder coated: Rock like form









More faceted twigs







Found box wood cross section,  powder coated aluminum foil, painted 



Found twig cross sections powder coated copper: brooch




My box of tricks:)



Powder coated aluminum foil with embossing powder.  The powder stick pretty will with glue but I did need two coats




I added more leaves to  this wood I carved, havent gotten very far with this yet. 






Sketch book  





This is the back of the cement brooch that you will see below.  The Blue is the resist from electroforming it.  The enamel holds up super well and looks really great when it comes out of the bath. Id like to try using this with some other things





Brooch seen from above, The back is electroformed copper and then powder coated



this is without the little black rocks, I like it this way too, simple 





This is the Back, I  am waiting for my magnets to come in, then i will drill out  the back , set the magnets and then powder coat on top





Cement brooch with leaves, brass painted,  When I make the final piece The leaves need to be made out of steel not brass





Final  for the wood slices




No comments:

Post a Comment