Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer 2011

The semester has come to an end, SNAG was a success and now its time to confront what I have been avoiding since April 17th 2011.  Getting back into the studio has been  a roller coaster thus far, there are moments when I am pumped to be there, working, creating, thinking, and then as my mind wonders it occasionally falls back into that dark place that my studio helps me stay  a float from.  I am scared of these dark feelings never going away, and I am scared for a time when they  may ease from the front of my mind.  Regardless, I have no answers about how this is all going to  end up.  The tension that I used to create in my work has  suddenly become my reality, My emotions are juxtaposed each other, in a  constant battle and I never know when they are going to strike.

At the end of my SOSL meetings we say thing we are looking forward to:

1) making work to take with my to the anderson ranch
2) my grandma, mom and aunt coming to visit
3) wedding planning
4) working in the studio alone.


Like Gramp always said.... " It ain't easy"



No comments:

Post a Comment