Friday, November 12, 2010

In process ring #2


This is  Ring #2 in process from a series of Rings that I have drawn up.  

Being from the large city I can’t say that my connection with the natural world has ever been that strong.  As a child of course I played outside and rolled around in the dirt from time to time, but I was never really taught to appreciate these natural occurrences as special or secret.
As and adult I have grown to be more aware of my surroundings and the natural elements that many of us take for granted.  In this work I am hoping to manifest a relationship with nature that I never had.  By creating fictitious gesture of to what I perceive as being natural is somewhat of a stepping-stone for me to come to terms with what I have been neglecting.  By physically putting these wearable objects into the ground I am symbolically bridging the gap between the natural elements and myself,  trying to get closer to a certain understanding. 



These structure are cooper mesh, plaster, celling  spray and a sealer
The object is to make them a light as possible in order to further push is wearability and use


This is balsa wood. my new favorite thing. these structure are SUPER light weight for how tall these are.
This wood element will be about 3 ft tall
ok  just kinding, its only going to be about 1.5 feet tall

Plaster and  wall filler. The  Styrofoam balls sorta don't want to stay on there but I will seal the whole thing and it should be cool
 These are the  alleged root systems for this ring. I made the black one and thought i didn't like it, so I made another one, which is up top and I dont like that one either.  So im going with the black one. Which means that in total, I have made three root systems ( first one not shown)


 Cheese cloth sealed in with a glue and water mixture. about 50/50.


 Steel  structures are under the cheese cloth but its freakin rusting! duh! awesome.  start over once again! this time i will coat  them with paint  to seal them!








 new drawings for the alleged "re- do"  re sizing the flowers looks promising!









No comments:

Post a Comment