Monday, November 1, 2010

Thinking on... #1

Today as an adult I have learned to embrace nature in away that I didn’t allow myself to  as a child. I think  the simple fact of being an adult now rather than a child  has a lot to do with my change of heart.  Being who I am now I can actually contextualize my place on this earth, my place as a user.   Coming to the realization that our natural resources are diminishing is something that I think about more often and I think about that as being very REAL and not that it MIGHT happen some day. 

Things I think about:

My purpose as an artist is to help others digest the constant visual( just visual?) information that we are bombarded with daily

The need to have a more direct connection with nature

The need to understand what my place on this earth is, and how I can make it better

Embracing organic and natural objects for what they are, repurposing them as unique

Before something can become endangered we should highlight that they are important and our direct connection with them

Is wearing jewelry that contextualizes this message put the wearer closer to that idea by being able to wear it?

Does the body help facilitate this more intimate space so that we may  have time to  digest these ideas and forms?

No comments:

Post a Comment