Saturday, November 6, 2010

In process ring #1


Ring # 1


Being from the large city I can’t say that my connection with the natural world has ever been that strong.  As a child of course I played outside and rolled around in the dirt from time to time, but I was never really taught to appreciate these natural occurrences as special or secret.
As and adult I have grown to be more aware of my surroundings and the natural elements that many of us take for granted.  In this work I am hoping to manifest a relationship with nature that I never had.  By creating fictitious gesture of to what I perceive as being natural is somewhat of a stepping-stone for me to come to terms with what I have been neglecting.  By physically putting these wearable objects into the ground I am symbolically bridging the gap between the natural elements and myself,  trying to get closer to a certain understanding. 


Ultimately this  piece from top to bottom will be about 4 and half feet tall











This first piece is a little over 2 feet tall
This is balsa wood and   cast bronze




Ok yeah, I  carved and hollowed this whole piece out of wax, you  wouldn't believe how light it is. 
I'm a freak


No comments:

Post a Comment