Sunday, November 28, 2010

Photos 1









The constant battle between man and nature is something that we as humans experience everyday.  As an inhabitant of this earth, I take notice to that fact that man has put many limits, restrictions and boundaries to natural life. 
I am interested in abstracting forms within this struggle and evaluating these moments in time though the preciousness of jewelry making.  I believe that highlighting these   images in an intimate setting allows us time to digest these ideas. It allows us the time that we lack in our day to day lives to actually experience these rivaling forces. 




















ON TENSION:

Creating tension in my work is integral to my process.  I believe that having juxtaposing forces whether it be in material, gesture, or conceptual idea,  can allow  an area on which to  contemplate the objects  I create.






No comments:

Post a Comment